In this cold weather wilderness survival course, Jason and Jamie will teach you 20% of cold-weather survival knowledge and skills that will help you in 80% of cold weather scenarios. Based on our Modern Survival Winter Skills course, this class includes a lot of axe work, some team-based builds, and some cold weather recovery skills- better bring a change of dry clothes!
All food provided- bring your own gear.
- Folding Saw & Bucksaw
- 100ft cordage
- Heavy Tarp (Canvas or Oilskin)- Buy cheap at Menards or Tractor Supply
- Emergency Tarp (5 x 7 space blanket)
- Tent Stakes
- Roll of Plastic (9x12 minimum 2-4mil thickness is fine)
- Compass with Notebook and Pencil
- Small First Aid Kit (just in case)
- Some Gorilla Tape (for tarp/plastic repairs, etc)
- Fire Kit (Ferro rod, lighter, fire starter)
- Steel Bottle and Cup
- Cook Pot (Bushpot)
- Change of clothing, extra socks (extra shoes to be kept in car)
- Sleeping Bag and a Wool Blanket